[WIP] Need for Speed inspired LCPD skins - free templates!

3BcqAkP.jpg

Hey guys, 

Last week I stumbled across the LCPDFR multiplayer videos of Bayareabuggs (watched them all so far!) and it reminded me of some skins I made last year. Those skins were my own design but they were lacking a 'bad ass'-look. So I went on a search for some inspiration. First thing that came to mind was Watch Dogs. Apparently Watch Dogs is based in Chicago (or a city that represents Chicago) so it was a real skin, adopted to a fictional game. The skin itself didn't turn out that great so I went over to NFS to borrow some designs and here I am, a couple of skins later... including a Chicago-skin!

Right now all the skins are based on the Ford Taurus from F5544) but I will make templates that can be used on almost any car, so you can apply them to your own fleet of police cars. When all the templates are completed I will update the OP to make it more user-friendly.

Here are the skins I've got 'finished' so far:

City Patrol - Template Available! Open the link, then right click to save image as.
LFbdcPw.jpg
(Based on the Chicago police car, used in NFS: The Run)

Interceptor - Template Available! Open the link, then right click to save image as.
N0YR31z.jpg
(Based on the Taurus Interceptor. Don't know exactly from what NFS (HP2010/MW2012/The Run).

Traffic Police
 - Template Available! Open the link, then right click to save image as.
wPOvdYK.jpg
(Traffic Police from NFS: Hot Pursuit 2010)

State of Liberty Sheriff
mjiMgVJ.jpg
(Sheriff from NFS: Hot Pursuit 2010. Not very happy with this one. Looks too boring)

Highway Patrol
Template Available! Open the link, then right click to save image as.
QVJQ4mH.jpg
(Highway Patrol from NFS: Hot Pursuit 2010)

Speed Enforcement
chcBKP1.jpg
(Speed Enforcer from NFS: Hot Pursuit 2010)

Speed Enforcement
PHUrYIh.jpg
(Speed Enforcer from NFS: Hot Pursuit 2010)

City Patrol Template Available! Open the link, then right click to save image as.
njSbaWN.jpg
(From NFS: World. Requested by TheLocalKing - LCPDFR)

Speed Enforcement
YeniDdJ.jpg
(From NFS: Hot Pursuit 2010. Requested by sKuare - LCPDFR)

Auxilary

XHl1ewZ.jpg
(From NFS3: Hot Pursuit. Original car the skin used on was from Atlanta PD)

If you guys got suggestions on what NFS police cars should definitely be done then let me know! Feedback is also more than welcome. Right now most of the skins are from the later NFS-games, but I'll also try and remake some designs from the older games if they are worth it.

Disclaimerthe templates are PNG files with a transparent background. They contain all the parts that I used to create the skin. You will still need some knowledge of image-editing (Photoshop/GIMP/others) in order to use the templates to create your own skins! I wish that I could make some magic templates... but I can't .

Edited by SomerenV

OMG mate you are FU***NG AWESOME!!!!!! Plz do one version also for the Caprice by KevinDV :smile:

Thanks for the kind words! For the time being I'm not doing requests. First I want to complete all the templates for everyone to use. All the shapes, logo's, all the text, fonts, etc. will be available in PNG format with transparency so that they can easily be fitted to pretty much any template, making it easy to convert this designs to a lot of cars. Once the templates are done I'll do so requests... maybe ;)

Also, it would be awesome if buggs uses one of these skins in one of his future video's, so if you're reading this: I'll be happy to provide the cars of your choice with the skins of your choice! Just because your video's are cool to watch :)

The first post is updated with three new skins!

Edited by SomerenV

The first two templates are available for download! I'll update the OP once more templates get completed with fonts and color-codes. Also, read the disclaimer at the bottom of the post! For now, check the OP for the templates :)

@TheLocalKing: That Charger looks really cool! Thanks for the great reference-images. I'll get on it tonight :)

@sKuare: The skin used on the Cayman was already done yesterday, just didn't get it into the game yet. I'll do my best to finish the two others either tonight or tomorrow. The second Taurus is from Hot Pursuit 2010 (checked it today) but it's also used as a presentation vehicle by Ford.

Edited by SomerenV

Beautiful skins, good work!

Thanks! I'm trying my best to make something worthwhile :) And by making the templates available everyone with some knowledge of Photoshop can create the design they want for the car they want. I will try do some requests in the end, but it's impossible to please everyone.

Also, the OP is updated with two more skins (no templates yet). The NFS World skin came out really nice, but the hood is a bit messed up right now so I'm gonna fix that first and then get busy with some more templates :) I'll do the NFS World skin template first because it's a bit more unique than the others. NFS World skin template added! :)

Edited by SomerenV

More templates and new skins added :) I'm currently working on two more skins so stay tuned!

@ sKuare: Yeah, the fonts don't really match. I tried searching for matching fonts but they're really hard to find. So right now I'm sticking to Eurostyle, Enter Sansman and Ash.

@Carrythxd: Well, epic is my middle name! :D Naah, just kidding ;) Thanks for the compliment!